CLAIRE FENWICK IS GEARING UP FOR AN INCREDIBLE 395km CHARITY CYCLING CHALLENGE!
The cycle will be held in Slovenia from June 15 in aid of PedElle.
Having started cycling over a year ago, Claire faced several health issues, including a double operation in February. Despite these obstacles, she is determined to conquer the PedElle charity cycling challenge.
The event will see female riders, including Claire, embark on a demanding journey through the Slovenian mountains, starting in Ljubljana and finishing in Piran. The 395km route includes a gruelling 6,000m climb, which requires rigorous training and preparation.
PedElle 2023 ride promises to be stunning. Staying in Slovenia, the group will start from the beautiful capital city of Ljubljana, heading north west to take in some lush green hills and valleys with stunning views before arriving at the shore of Lake Bled for our first overnight stop. The second day is the chance to test their climbing legs with the reward of some stunning descents before arriving at Lipica, staying at the world-famous stud farm and home of the Lipizzian white horse. The final riding day takes the group west towards the Adriatic coast and the beautiful medieval town of Piran.
CHARITY WORK - PedElle
The funds raised through this PedElle charity challenge will go towards helping children in various ways, such as:
- They are recruiting families for 1,150 children who have been waiting longer than 18 months to find adoptive homes.
- Assisting 500 families with post-adoption support.
- Awarding 800 bikes, tandems, and adapted trikes to children and young people affected by cancer.
- Supporting research to illustrate the relationship between physical and mental well-being and physical activity in children surviving cancer.
- They are tackling the root causes of violent street crime through 18 unique projects.
- Assisting the children of 27 families living with a loved one with Multiple System Atrophy (MSA).
Claire’s dedication to the cause is truly inspiring, and your support can make a significant difference in the lives of many children.
To help Claire reach her fundraising goal and support the incredible work of PedElle, please donate generously by visiting her JustGiving page
You can follow Claire’s progress via her Linkedin Page.
Together, we can positively impact the lives of children in need. Thank you for being so supportive!