SENIOR GEOMATICS SURVEYOR
Senior Geomatics Surveyor
The office is based at Sevenoaks, Kent, but you will be required to work at different temporary work locations all over the UK,
Competitive salary depending on experience
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
Ultimately, you are someone who enjoys geomatics surveying and wants to take the next step in your career. You want to work for an employer that deals with a wide variety of projects across multiple sectors. You have a passion for problem solving, finding solutions, and anticipating the needs of others. You may feel your career progression is limited where you are and are seeking a fresh start with a forward-thinking company.
We need you to join our professional land surveying team as we have several new vacancies due to our continued success and company growth. The successful candidate will have previous experience as a land and measured building surveyor. This is a physically demanding role that involves being on your feet all day when on site. You will be given a wealth of opportunity to grow and develop your career and experiences, becoming an important and valued part of our fabulous team.
You will be working on a wide variety of land and measured building surveys including commercial, residential, heritage and the public sector.
The Senior Geomatics Surveyor will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of topographical and measured building surveys. You will be using Trimble and Leica total stations, GNSS and Leica laser scanners. You will contribute to maintaining a high level of health and safety and always conduct yourself in a professional manner. You will need to have an understanding and be able to follow company policies and procedures.
Communication is another key responsibility for this role. You will have to be able take instructions and clearly share information with others. This could be for working practices/management systems, Health and Safety, team communicating (both on site and back at the office) and liaising with our clients. As such excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for the role.
You will need a flexible approach to working hours and be able to get yourself to the office or any site location by 8:30am.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience undertaking land and/or measured building surveys
- Expert in processing laser scan data and total station observations
- Understand hazards and be capable of communicating and managing health and safety risks whilst on site
- Proficient IT skills
- CAD experience in producing topographical and/or measured building survey drawings
- Demonstrate skills in data management, mathematical solution, and methodical data capture
- Have a full clean UK driving license
- CSCS cardholder
- Punctual and able to manage your own time
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Eager to learn new skills
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical work approach
- Super organised
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
WE’LL GIVE YOU
- Structured career path and support working toward professional memberships for RICS and CICES if desired
- Highly competitive salary
- Fun office environment including staff days out and regular social event
- Company life insurance and pensions above the age of 22
- Great office location
- You’ll work 40 hours a week, our basic office hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. This varies when travelling to and from sites.
- Overtime opportunities available